Partnering with Industry
Co‑development of Medical Device Technologies
CÚRAM’s Industry Programme Team helps facilitate collaborative research between CÚRAM funded investigators and industry partners. Our goal is to establish long-term strategic relationships, completing multiple projects that promote the advancement of medical device technologies and inventions that are converted to products and services that benefit the patient.
CÚRAM supports industry partners from the initial enquiry through to knowledge transfer and the identification of future projects. This engagement is nurtured through constant communication from project initiation, planning, execution into project completion.
Our Industry Programme Team has the knowledge and expertise required to select the appropriate funding model, along with the flexibility necessary to structure an Intellectual Property (IP) model that meets the needs of our funders, investigators and industry partners. We work closely with the Technology Transfer Offices and Knowledge Transfer Ireland to maximise the benefit of the project particularly on the patient.
Our support includes but is not limited to:
- Facilitating and coordinating interaction between key stakeholders (clinicians, investigators, researchers, industrial collaborators, management) to maximise the impact of the project
- Determining the type of funding model and associated IP model
- Defining a Statement of Work, necessary resources and associated budget
- Frequent review meetings to ensure timely and focused delivery of results
- Providing the flexibility necessary to cater for early stage R&D projects
- Identifying IP and transfer of knowledge to the company
- Identifying future activities and additional projects to further advance the technologies